- Jody Kasper makes history in taking over Northampton Police Department as chief
- James Ainsworth pleads guilty in crash that killed Edward and Brittany McGrath; sentencing continued to August
- Former Ryder Funeral home employee Thomas Pascucci prevails in wage lawsuit against ex-director
- Easthampton graduate Alyssa Fugiel named Scholar All-American by National Soccer Coaches Association
- Easthampton Savings Bank falls behind, rallies to beat DiFranco
mikemoranDHG: Quianna Diaz-Patterson scores on infield error. Rally caps are on for Puerto Rico.
mikemoranDHG: Quianna Diaz-Patterson singles with one out, takes second on a wild pitch and third on a single. Puerto Rico down 12-0 in third.
GazetteUMass: So Friday's England-Japan semifinal will determine whether Twitter will be overrun with bad revolutionary war or bad WWII jokes on Sunday
mikemoranDHG: USA up 5-0 after 1. Quianna Diaz-Patterson will bat second when the top of the third rolls around. 4Ks for USA pitcher Jaclyn Traina
mikemoranDHG: Quianna Diaz-Patterson and Puerto Rico are underway against USA in the World Cup of softball. QDP struck out leading off top of first.
WilkGazette: Also part of that previous linked story: Granby graduate Meghan Sullivan named to NSCAA Scholar All-East team
GazetteUMass: I miss Ian Darke
GazetteUMass: Among the greatest things about being a new HBO subscriber is "Sonic Highways" on demand.
GREG SAULMON Jack B. Pierson of Northampton, right, picks strawberries at Town Farm on Ventures Field Road with the help of Chili Palmer Finn, 4, of Springfield. Pierson, an assistant teacher at Northampton’s Farm Hands Preschool, was leading a small group of children in the activity Tuesday morning to harvest the berries for an afternoon snack. "We try to do a lot of connecting with foods and where they come from, and getting kids to think more about their food," Pierson said. The preschool is a program of the Belchertown-based Farm Education Collaborative. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS James Ainsworth, the driver of an SUV that crashed into a motorcycle, killing Edward and Brittany McGrath on Route 5 in Easthampton last year, pleads guilty to charges in connection with that fatal crash in Hampshire Superior Court Tuesday. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Swearing in of Jody Kasper speaks to the audience after being sworn in as police chief Tuesday evening. In the background, mayor David Narkewicz. Purchase photo reprints »
DAN LITTLE Jake Bridgman, recently graduated from Northampton High School, works on his senior capstone film, "The Cards," at the NCTV station in Northampton. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Dewey Hathaway,8, jumps between cars on the new train play structure at Westhampton Elementary School. Purchase photo reprints »
GREG SAULMON Justin A. King reacts in Hampshire Superior Court Monday as he is sentenced to eight to 12 years in state prison for his role in the 2012 rape of a former University of Massachusetts Amherst student in her dorm room. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Coverage: The Tennessee Gas Pipeline, everything you need to know about the proposed project and its potential impact on the Pioneer Valley
- Quinn on Nutrition: No one best diet for diabetes patients, just ‘patterns’ of healthy eating (1810 reads)
- Valley businesses prepare for state’s new earned sick time law which takes effect Wednesday (1653 reads)
- Justin King sentenced to eight to 12 years in prison in UMass gang-rape case (1394 reads)
- Owner of Essentials in Northampton describes visit from iconic activist: ‘Oh my god, you’re Gloria Steinem’ (1231 reads)
- Area health, law enforcement officials say some state recommendations to deal with opioid and opiate crisis already on the way (1174 reads)
- Family still seeks answers five years after disappearance of Belchertown resident Mickey Brougham (1130 reads)
- Beach Eats in our own backyard: No need to head to the ocean for fresh seafood (1086 reads)
- Summer’s here, playgrounds rule: And Easthampton has a new forest-themed offering (1058 reads)
- Family, friends of Edward and Brittany McGrath ask public to attend expected guilty plea, sentencing for James Ainsworth (947 reads)
- Sprinters Tyson Gay, Carmelita Jeter attempt to find top form at nationals (921 reads)