- Pond users dislike idea of fees, permits at Puffer’s
- Northampton Police hiring new officers, promoting from within to deal with 12 vacancies in the department in the last 1½ years
- Historians, scientists team up to find lost cemetery in Plainfield
- Easthampton’s Chris Starcun makes the most of first season with Valley Blue Sox
- Judge orders Roger Goodell, Tom Brady appear in court Aug. 12, 19
mikemoranDHG: While I wish it weren't true, I'm not surprised by the latest doping news from t&f. Dopers will always be meters ahead of the tests.
mikemoranDHG: In a battle over savings bonds, PeoplesBank beat Easthampton Savings Bank 12-0 for the Tri-County League championship.
KEVIN GUTTING Kyle McGillvran, left, and Brian O'Sullivan, both graduate students in accounting at the University of Massachusetts, shoot hoops on a shady court near the UMass Research Administration building on Butterfield Terrace in Amherst on Sunday. Purchase photo reprints »
KEVIN GUTTING Northampton firefighter Andy Pelis, center, greets Northampton Police Sgt. Patrick Moody, in ball cap, following Northampton Fire Rescue's 16-8 loss to the Northampton Police Dept. in the first "Battle of the Badges" charity flag football game on Saturday. Purchase photo reprints »
GREG SAULMON Carol I. Chandler of Chester sketches a scene at Childs Park in Northampton Friday morning. Chandler was preparing to meet at the park with other members of the Hilltown Plein Air Painters group. Purchase photo reprints »
KEVIN GUTTING Addie, center, a two-year-old yellow lab, shakes off after a dip in the Fort River during a trip to Amherst's Wentworth Farm Conservation Area with dog walker Katherine Welch of Amherst on Wednesday. Also enjoying the watering hole are, from left, Matilda, a seven-year-old golden doodle, Mazie, a three-year-old miniature schnauzer, Harriet, a cockapoo, and Welch's own Tiger, an eight-year-old puggle, digging deep into the cool mud. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Olivia,10 and her sister, Makayla,7, Labrie of Southampton make their way through a rock tunnel on the North branch of the Manhan River in Easthampton during Wednesdays hot weather. Purchase photo reprints »
DAN LITTLE Volunteer Phylis Petronino, left, and Easthampton Community Center director Robin Bialecki work on the brown bag food program for seniors Tuesday morning at the Community Center. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valley creators contribute to newspaper installation art in Fitchburg (1142 reads)
- FERC urged to slow down pipeline process at packed hearing in Greenfield (1139 reads)
- Like father, like son: Joe Mantegna Jr. keeps coaching in the family (1095 reads)
- Rollover crash on Florence Road sends 2 to hospital (1006 reads)
- Residents group files suit over pipeline (784 reads)
- Easthampton’s Chris Starcun makes the most of first season with Valley Blue Sox (718 reads)
- Northampton mayor, state senators get first-hand look at Franklin medical marijuana growing facility (701 reads)
- Chinese journalists scope out rural broadband (671 reads)
- Collective Power: Cooperative art galleries in Northampton and Amherst open joint show (616 reads)
- Brain circuits awry: Magnet currents heart of new treatment for depression (590 reads)