WMass Division 3/3A Hockey Top 10
RECORDS THRU MONDAY
1. Greenfield (9-1-2, last week: 4) - The Green Wave may not be better than the top teams in the Berry, but so far they've been the most consistent squad. With three fewer losses than anyone else in the Fay-Wright, the Wave could run away with the league title.
2. Agawam (8-2-2, last week: 3) - The Brownies beat South Hadley Wednesday in their lone action last week. They still lead the Berry by two points, but a hard-charging East Longmeadow squad has no losses in league play.
3. Longmeadow (6-5-2, last week: 1) - It's tough to get a true read on the Lancers, who have independent games interspersed throughout the schedule. Following a 1-0 loss to Westfield last Tuesday, they fell 3-0 Saturday to Shrewsbury.
4. East Longmeadow (5-4-2, last week: NR) - With a five game winning streak, the Spartans return to the rankings. They beat Ludlow, Minnechaug and Westfield in the last week, showing their early-season struggles came against very strong competition. They start the week tied for second in the Berry with no league losses.
5. Westfield (5-3-2, last week: 5) - At this point, it's safe to say the Bombers must ride their defense if they hope to win another sectional title. They scored once in two games last week, a win over Longmeadow and a shutout loss to East Longmeadow.
6. Minnechaug (6-2-3, last week: 2) - The Falcons were blown out by East Longmeadow 6-1 last Wednesday and have lost two of three. They face Agawam and Westfield on consecutive days Thursday and Friday.
7. Easthampton (6-4, last week: 6) - A pair of one-goal contests - a loss to Chicopee and a win over Turners Falls - last week shows the Eagles are going to be in any game. With a 16-game schedule, they need just four points in their six remaining games to return to postseason.
8. Chicopee (9-4, last week: 9) - Currently on a five-game winning streak, the Pacers are one of the hottest teams in the area and sit just two points from qualifying for a postseason berth. They boast four of the top eight scorers in western Massachusetts.
9. Ludlow (5-3-4, last week: 7) - The Lions are looking to regain their early-season momentum. They haven't won in the last five games and face a murderous upcoming schedule - Westfield twice, Agawam and Longmeadow once apiece. Forward Tyler Diotalevi (33 points) is tied for first in the area.
10. Chicopee Comp (6-4-2, last week: NR) - The Colts returned to the ice Saturday after a week off and clobbered St. Mary 12-4. Like their intracity rival, they can score goals. Travis Seymour's 29 points put him fifth in western Mass. and second in the Fay-Wright.