- With new contract, UMass men’s basketball coach Derek Kellogg highest paid state employee
- Easthampton awards lowest bidder Nashawannuck Pond promenade job - still project cost balloons
- Suspect arrested in threat to re-enact Columbine shooting at Frontier Regional
- MAP ‘Live United’ campaign Saturday by 40 businesses in downtown Northampton
- Trending in the Valley, Oct. 24: Social media posts by Pioneer Valley folks
GazetteUMass: Things that don't happen enough: someone I need to interview gets off same plane I'm waiting to board. Just spoke to Kellogg about contract
YOSHITAKA HAMADA Chuong Son, of Hadley, prepares a meal at the Bahn Mi Saigon in the downtown Northampton Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Chris Chamberland, a resident at Hathway Farms in Northampton works on his bike Friday morning. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS 110 Logtown Rd in Amherst. Purchase photo reprints »
JERREY ROBERTS Jamie Kent crosses Main Street in Northampton last week.
CAROL LOLLIS left, Melissa McClung, of Hadley filming, Ari Hayes, of Amherst,Josh Wren, of Northampton, Finneas Scott,17, of Amherst and Liam Brogidan of Amherst doing sound, during the filming of Sports; an Inspirational story. Purchase photo reprints »
JERREY ROBERTS Roger Barstow, top, and John Gwozdzik, who work for Handyman Hank, install a weather vane in the image of a hawk atop a gazebo that houses the Russell Society bell Tuesday at Hopkins Academy in Hadley. The construction of the gazebo was started last fall for the academy's 350th anniversary. The hawk symbolizes the Hopkins Academy Golden Hawks. Dozens of contractors have volunteered their time to work on the project. After some finishing work and painting, the gazebo will be complete and a dedication ceremony will planned, according to Timothy Neyhart, the town's building commissioner. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to email@example.com.
- Most health experts say travel ban from West Africa bad idea that could prevent aid from reaching affected countries (3503 reads)
- Restaurateur Daniel Yacuzzo dies, instrumental in creating Northampton Business Improvement District (2967 reads)
- Suspect arrested in threat to re-enact Columbine shooting at Frontier Regional (2613 reads)
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital prepares for Ebola, but won't treat patients (1988 reads)
- UMass student Chloe Malast found dead in dorm; no foul play suspected (1971 reads)
- VIDEO: 1,000 UMass students attend rally for tolerance Thursday night in wake of racist dorm messages (1955 reads)
- Mother of Ryan Road School student objects to police firearms training nearby during weekdays (1597 reads)
- Calvin Terrell says missteps contributed to uproar in Amherst over his anti-bullying presentations (1377 reads)
- 'In a year or two, they'll all be dead' Tiny insect is killing off Northampton's red pine trees (1312 reads)
- Bankers say data breach over that affected Easthampton, Southampton businesses, including Big E’s (1281 reads)