Fire Dept. responds to smell of gas at Pepin School; no emergency found

Staff Writer
Published: 9/27/2021 9:10:20 PM

EASTHAMPTON – The Fire Department responded Monday to an alarm for the smell of gas at the Pepin School, although no emergency was found.

All students and their teachers were evacuated from the elementary school while Eversource and the Fire Department investigated the alarm, according to a post on the department’s Facebook page.

Fire Chief Chris Norris said a small gas leak was found and repaired by Eversource, and that there was no emergency. He said the Fire Department was on scene for less than an hour.

“Pretty straightforward,” he said.

Afterward, students returned to class.

Bera Dunau can be reached at bdunau@gazettenet.com.


Daily Hampshire Gazette Office

115 Conz Street
Northampton, MA 01061
413-584-5000

 

Copyright © 2021 by H.S. Gere & Sons, Inc.
Terms & Conditions - Privacy Policy