Daily Hampshire Gazette - Established 1786
Sunny
75°
Sunny
Hi 78° | Lo 53°

Patrick Brough: Sykes, McCoy deserve votes in Easthampton

To the editor:

This year for the first time Easthampton has a chance to elect new leaders. As the last few months have gone by, I have had the opportunity to listen and meet with all of the mayoral and City Council candidates multiple times.

I think one candidate continues to stand out above the rest for mayor and that is Nancy Sykes. Her background as a leader is unmatched by anyone running. Her experience includes being a lawyer, teacher, administrator and she was voted for by the people of Easthampton for the School Committee not once but twice.

In the area of the City Council, Joe McCoy will be getting my vote as at-large councilor. I have had the opportunity to work with McCoy on a variety of projects. Whether it be working to improve the city dog shelter or discussing issues facing business development in Easthampton, I have always found him easily accessible and committed to improving the City.

I hope voters will see all of the candidates for who they are and what they represent — and more importantly, for how they will represent our community. While I like many of the candidates and admire them for having the courage to run, my choice, and I hope yours, on Nov. 5 will be Nancy Sykes and Joe McCoy.

Patrick Brough

Easthampton

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.