Daily Hampshire Gazette - Established 1786
P/cloudy
71°
P/cloudy
Hi 79° | Lo 58°

Linda Smith: Easthampton mayoral candidate Nancy Sykes offers leadership experience

To the editor:

The voters of Easthampton have an important decision to make Nov. 5.

As I think about the candidates and their qualifications to be our mayor, I can’t help but think about the fact that this job is about leadership.

We need a strong leader as our mayor. Just because an individual is successful as a worker does not mean they will be successful as a manager or a leader. There is a big difference between being a super worker and being a super manager, leader, decision-maker and communicator.

Nancy Sykes is the one candidate who has significant leadership experience and decision-making experience. She is an effective communicator, collaborator and negotiator. Her experience as an educator, an attorney, as assistant dean at the Western New England Law School, as a minister and as chairwoman of Easthampton’s School Committee, make her well qualified for the job of mayor of Easthampton.

She will bring a fresh perspective to the mayor’s office and a wealth of experience as an effective leader.

I hope you will join me in voting for Nancy Sykes for mayor on Nov. 5.

Linda Smith

Easthampton

There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.