Daily Hampshire Gazette - Established 1786
Cloudy
53°
Cloudy
Hi 52° | Lo 46°

Emilie Woodward: Alisa Klein is voice Ward 7 needs in Northampton

To the editor:

I walked into the Ward 7 city councilor debate assuming my conviction to vote for Alisa Klein couldn’t get stronger. Alisa possesses the skills, strengths, ethics and vision to do an excellent job. The debate underscored my decision: we need Alisa as our city councilor.

Alisa is believable, thoughtful, smart, a careful listener and creative thinker.

Her natural response to problems is to work collaboratively to identify solutions. We will benefit from Alisa’s years of experience as a mediator, small business owner and policy analyst. Her plan to hold office hours and lead quarterly ward meetings will serve us well. Alisa recognizes the diverse needs of the Ward 7 community, her home of 14 years. She has met with numerous constituents and public service officials and has done her homework. She is prepared to tackle the issues: roads, taxes, environmental sustainability, affordable housing, supporting our schools, going to the Statehouse to address Northampton’s fiscal problems. She has studied the budget and is ready to seek new revenue streams. She wishes to decrease “Hamp vs. Noho” thinking and bring residents together.

Klein is a woman of integrity, sincere and committed to improving the quality of life in her beloved community. She is the voice and vision Ward 7 needs. We are fortunate to have her candidacy. Please join me and vote Tuesday for Alisa Klein.

Emilie Woodward

Leeds

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.