Spaghetti supper Thursday in Easthampton to help South Hadley family after fire
Nancy Farnsworth said she was touched, but not entirely surprised, when she found out her co-workers were planning a fundraising spaghetti supper Thursday so her family could replace belongings they lost in an Aug. 9 fire that damaged their South Hadley home.
“That’s just the type of staff they are, we’re like family,” she said. “I’m extremely humbled by it.”
She is an educational advocate at Community Resources for People with Autism, a nonprofit based in the Eastworks Building.
Farnsworth said firefighters believed an electrical cord connected to a laptop was the cause of the fire at 640 Newton St. that destroyed nearly all of her family’s possessions. They’ve been staying with family while the home is being renovated.
“We’re pretty much starting from scratch. We’ve seen such an outpouring of kindness from community members,” she said.
Her colleagues at Community Resources are holding a spaghetti supper fundraiser Thursday from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the American Legion at 190 Pleasant St. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for seniors and children. The meal will be served continuously.
— REBECCA EVERETT