Northampton weekend police log
• A Northampton resident reported Sunday at 10:51 a.m. that he wired $2,500 to Laredo, Texas, as a security deposit for $3.5 million in lottery winnings he had received notification about in May. Police said this appears to be a scam.
• Roger Michael Schroeder, 52, of 43 Center St., was arrested Saturday at 5:40 p.m. downtown on a charge of violating the city’s open container of alcohol ordinance.
• An employee at a Main Street restaurant reported Saturday at 5:28 p.m. that her handbag, which had been left in a closet in the morning, was missing when she was ready to leave work. The handbag contained a wallet, keys, clothes and sandals. A debit card inside the wallet was later used to make $43.11 in purchases at a Northampton convenience store.
• Carlos Javier Colon, 18, of 320 Bridge Road, Florence, was arrested Saturday at 12:02 a.m. outside Tully O’Reilly’s, 1 Pearl St., on charges of domestic assault and battery, assault and battery on a police officer and disorderly conduct, police said.
• Stuart Alan LaRose, 28, who provided an address as the streets of Northampton, was arrested Friday at 8:13 p.m. on New South Street on a Northampton District Court warrant for larceny under $250 and breaking and entering during the daytime, police said.