Area police news
■ An electrical fire reported early Tuesday outside Cooper’s Corner on Main Street in Florence caused no damage or injury, according to the Fire Department. The cause of the brief blaze, reported at 4:49 a.m., was an overloaded extension cord used for Christmas lights outside the store.
■ Two city teens were arrested Monday on charges of larceny over $250 after police said they tried to take items worth an estimated $420 from Wal-Mart on North King Street. Police responded to a call from a store employee at 4:08 p.m. who said the boys, both 14, were seen hiding speakers, headphones and a knife in their backpacks.