Area tree farms at a glance
NORTHAMPTON — The following is information on some of the Valley’s many local tree farms:
• Chestnut Mountain Tree Farm, 126 Mountain Road, Hatfield. (413) 687-1806. www.chestnutmountaintreefarm.com. Open Friday – Sunday, Thanksgiving through Christmas. Hayrides to fields on weekends only. Walking trails. Also offering wreaths, cordwood, hay and syrup.
• Cranston’s Farm, 372 Baptist Corner Road, Ashfield, MA. (413) 628-0090. www.cranstonschristmastreefarm.com. Open Wednesdays – Fridays 12-5, weekends 9-5, from November 23 – December 23. New this year: “Crafts for the Cure”- ornaments handmade by local women, with 100% of profits donated to breast cancer research. Also selling wreaths, maple syrup and hay. “Like” them on Facebook to be entered in a drawing for a free tree!
• Emerson Family Tree Farm, 878 Bernardston Road, Greenfield. (413) 773-5245. Open Veteran’s Day – Christmas Eve, 9-6, every day. Hayrides to fields on weekends only, and free hot cider and popcorn by the cozy woodstove daily. Country store features locally handcrafted items, wreaths, and kissing balls. Dogs welcome. Visit website www.emersontreefarm.com for coupon.
• Justamere Farm, Patterson Road, Worthington, 238-5902. www.justameretreefarm.com. Open Nov. 23 – 25 from 9-4, then every weekend in December from 9-4. All trees are no-spray. Visitors may take self-guided tour of farm’s sugarhouse. Also offering wreaths and swag, maple products and handmade brooms – featured on Martha Stewart and in Country Living magazine.
• Northeast Tree Farm, 106 Depot Road, North Hatfield. 584-3498. Open Friday – Sunday, starting Nov. 23 until trees are sold out. Also offering wreaths, flags and cemetery items.
• Pieropan Christmas Tree Farm, 119 Pfersick Road, Ashfield, (413) 625-6365. www.pieropantrees.com. Open from Thanksgiving until Christmas, seven days a week. Sustainably grown, chemical-free, stump culture trees.
For a full listing of Massachusetts Christmas tree farms, visit www.christmas-trees.org/retailers-county.htm
And for more information on Christmas trees, visit the Massachusetts Christmas Tree Association at http://www.christmas-trees.org