Daily Hampshire Gazette - Established 1786
Hi 10° | Lo -11°

Two men die of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Springfield

The culprit is thought to be a gasoline-powered generator running inside the house, which was not properly vented to the outside.

Authorities do not believe the deaths are storm-related. They say the home was in the process of being sold and had no power.

Officials say they responded to a city home at about 7:20 p.m. Sunday to find the men unresponsive.

One man was declared dead at the scene while the second man was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The men were found by relatives who went to the home. One of those relatives, the woman, was hospitalized for exposure to the deadly gas.

No names were released.

Legacy Comments0
There are no comments yet. Be the first!
Post a Comment

You must be registered to comment on stories. Click here to register.