WMass D3/D3A Hockey Top 10
RECORDS THRU MONDAY
1. Greenfield (12-1-2, last week: 1) - The Green Wave has already locked up the Fay-Wright title and will look to wrap up the D3A top seed. They have a good shot to extend their winning streak to 12 going into the postseason.
2. Agawam (11-2-2, last week: 2) - The Brownies' showdown with Westfield was snowed out last Wednesday and the two teams are tied with 16 points heading into the final two weeks of the season, but Agawam owns a league game in hand.
3. Westfield (8-3-3, last week: 3) - In their quest for the Berry title, a tie against Ludlow Friday hurt the Bombers' cause. They have South Hadley and West Springfield this week, while the postponed Agawam game has yet to be rescheduled.
4. Longmeadow (7-6-2, last week: 4) - The Lancers have dropped three of their last four, but two were independent games. They still have an outside chance at the league title, but they'll almost certainly need to win the remaining five contests.
5. East Longmeadow (7-6-2, last week: 5) - A loss to South Hadley Saturday diminished the Spartans' chances of a Berry title. But trailing by only two points and with a matchup against Agawam next Saturday, they still have a legitimate shot.
6. Minnechaug (8-5-3, last week: 6) - The Falcons bounced back from a 10-0 loss to powerhouse Cathedral Thursday to blow out Chicopee Comp 9-3 Saturday. They're in good shape for the postseason, but three of their final four games are against Longmeadow and Agawam.
7. South Hadley (5-7-2, last week: 10) - As they usually do, the Tigers are playing their best hockey as the tournament approaches. They're on their first winning streak, a three-game run including an impressive 5-2 victory over East Longmeadow for their first Berry win. And star goalie Devin Hoagland returned Saturday.
8. Easthampton (7-5, last week: 8) - After a nine-day break to mull over a 9-1 loss at home to Chicopee Comp, the Eagles rebounded Saturday with a dominant 7-2 win at Mount Everett. They need two more points to clinch with the first opportunity Wednesday hosting Amherst.
9. Chicopee (9-6-1, last week: 9) - A five-game winning streak at the end of January put the Pacers in position to absorb their recent 0-2-1 stretch. They seek a single point to return to the tournament. Ryan Kazeroid and Devan Longtin have both surpassed 40 points.
10. Belchertown (7-7-2, last week: NR) - Following a one-win campaign in 2013, the Orioles sit four points from clinching a postseason berth. With an overall record against their last four opponents of 4-0-1, it looks like a solid bet that the O's will be skating in March.