Monday, September 22, 2014
Here's a look at where everyone stands. This will be updated twice a week for the rest of the season.
Tiebreaker wins = opponents that each team would finish higher than in the event of a head-to-head tie breaker.
Tiebreaker lead = an opponent the team plays twice that it beat in the first game.
Tiebreaker losses = opponents that each team would finish lower than in the event of a head-to-head tie breaker.
Tiebreaker trails = an opponent the team plays twice that it lost to in the first game.
1. Saint Louis - 12-2 -Clinched First Round ByeBest possible Record/Finish: 14-2/FirstWorst Possible record/Finish: 12-4- secondsTiebreaker wins: URI, SBU, Ford, Rich, St. Joe's, La Salle, GMU, GWTiebreaker lead: Dayton,Tiebreaker losses: -Tiebreaker trails: -Splits: Duquesne, VCURemaining games: Dayton, UMass
2. Saint Joseph's 11-3Best possible Record/Finish: 13-3/FirstWorst Possible record/Finish: 11-5/fifthTiebreaker wins: GMU, Duq, VCU, URI, Fordham, Dayton, SBUTiebreaker lead: La SalleTiebreaker losses: Richmond, SLUTiebreaker trails: Splits: UMassRemaining games: La Salle, GWU
3. VCU- 10-4Best possible Record/Finish: 12-4/firstWorst Possible record/Finish: 10-6/seventhTiebreaker wins:GMU, Duq, Dayton, LaS, URI, Ford,Tiebreaker lead: Ford, RichTiebreaker losses: -St. Joe's, UMassTiebreaker trails:Splits: GW, SLURemaining games: Rich, SBU
4. UMass 9-5Best possible Record/Finish: 11-5/SecondWorst Possible record/Finish: 9-7/sixthTiebreaker wins: Fordham, La Salle, GW, VCU, URITiebreaker lead: Tiebreaker losses: Richmond, DaytonTiebreaker trails: Splits: SBU, St. Joe's, GMURemaining games: Duquesne, SLU
4. George Washington 9-5Best possible Record/Finish: 11-5/secondWorst Possible record: 8-8/eighthTiebreaker wins:SBU, URI, Duq, Rich, GMUTiebreaker lead: FordhamTiebreaker losses: Dayton, UMass, SLUTiebreaker trails: Splits: LaS, VCURemaining games: Ford, St. Joe's
6. Richmond 8-6Best possible Record/Finish: 11-5/secondWorst Possible record/Finish: 8-8/ninthTiebreaker wins: UMass, Ford, St.Joe's, Duquesne, Fordham, La SalleTiebreaker lead: DaytonTiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, GMU, URITiebreaker trails: VCUSplits: SBURemaining games: VCU Dayton
6. Dayton 8-6Best possible Record/Finish: 10-6/thirdWorst Possible record/Finish: 8-8/eighthTiebreaker wins: Ford, GW, GMU, SBU, URI, LaS, DuqTiebreaker lead: UMass Tiebreaker losses: VCU, St. Joe's, LaSTiebreaker trails: SLU, Rich, URI,Splits:Remaining games: SLU, Rich
8. La Salle 6-8Best possible Record/Finish: 8-8/thirdWorst Possible record/Finish: 6-10/11thTiebreaker wins: GW, Duq, URI, FordTiebreaker lead: Tiebreaker losses: UMass, VCU, GW, SLU, Dayton, Richmond, SBUTiebreaker trails: St. Joe'sSplits:Remaining games: SJU, Ford, GMU
9. St. Bonaventure 6-9Best possible Record/Finish: 7-9/eighthWorst Possible record/Finish: 6-10/12thTiebreaker wins: Fordham,Tiebreaker lead: LaSTiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, Dayton, URI, SJUTiebreaker trails: DuqSplits: UMass, Richmond.Remaining games: VCU
10. Duquesne 4-10Best possible Record/Finish: 6-10/eighthWorst Possible record:4-12/lastTiebreaker wins: Ford, URITiebreaker lead:Tiebreaker losses: LaS, St.Joe's, VCU, GW, Rich, DaytonTiebreaker trails: GMUSplits: SBU, SLURemaining games: GMU, UMass
12. Rhode Island 4-11Best possible Record/Finish: 5-11/ninthWorst Possible record: 4-12/ last Tiebreaker wins: GMU, SBUTiebreaker lead: Dayton, RichmondTiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, LaS, St. Joe's, Ford, VCU, Dayton, Duq, UMassTiebreaker trails:Splits:Remaining games: Ford
11. George Mason 3-11Best possible Record/Finish: 5-11/ninthWorst Possible record: 3-13Tiebreaker wins: RichmondTiebreaker lead: DuqTiebreaker losses: VCU, St. Joe's, URI, Ford, GW, Dayton, SBU, SLUTiebreaker trails: Splits: UMassRemaining games: Duquesne, LaS
13. Fordham 2-12Best possible Record/Finish: 4-12/ninthWorst Possible record/Finish:2-14/lastTiebreaker wins: GMUTiebreaker lead: URITiebreaker losses: Duq, Dayton, SLU, UMass, Rich, SBU, St. Joe's, VCUTiebreaker trails: GWSplits:Remaining games: GW, URI
IF UMass' season ended today:
The Minutemen would be the 4