Monday, September 22, 2014
UMass finishes second if – UMass beats SLU, Saint Joseph’s loses to La Salle AND VCU loses to SBUUMass finishes third if – UMass beats SLU, SJU loses to La Salle OR VCU loses to SBUUMass finishes fourth if – UMass beats SLU SJU wins, VCU winsUMass finishes fourth if – UMass loses to SLU, GW loses to FordhamUMass finishes fifth – UMass loses to SLU, GW beats Fordham, Dayton loses to RichmondUMass finishes sixth – UMass loses to SLU, GW beats Fordham, Dayton beats Richmond.
Here's a look at where everyone stands. This will be updated twice a week for the rest of the season.
Tiebreaker wins = opponents that each team would finish higher than in the event of a head-to-head tie breaker.
Tiebreaker lead = an opponent the team plays twice that it beat in the first game.
Tiebreaker losses = opponents that each team would finish lower than in the event of a head-to-head tie breaker.
Tiebreaker trails = an opponent the team plays twice that it lost to in the first game.
1. Saint Louis - 12-3 -Clinched No. 1 seedBest possible Record/Finish: 13-3/FirstWorst Possible record/Finish: 12-4- secondsTiebreaker wins: URI, SBU, Ford, Rich, St. Joe's, La Salle, GMU, GWSplits: Duquesne, VCU, DaytonRemaining games: UMass
2. Saint Joseph's 11-4 A win clinches second place Best possible Record/Finish: 12-4/FirstWorst Possible record/Finish: 11-5/fifthTiebreaker wins: GMU, Duq, VCU, URI, Fordham, Dayton, SBUTiebreaker lead: La SalleTiebreaker losses: Richmond, SLU, GWSplits: UMassRemaining games: La Salle
2. VCU- 11-4 -Best possible Record/Finish: 12-4/secondWorst Possible record/Finish: 11-5/fifthTiebreaker wins:GMU, Duq, Dayton, LaS, URI, Ford, Rich, FordTiebreaker losses: -St. Joe's, UMassSplits: GW, SLURemaining games: SBU
4. UMass 10-5Best possible Record/Finish: 11-5/SecondWorst Possible record/Finish: 9-7/sixthTiebreaker wins: Fordham, La Salle, GW, VCU, URI, DuqTiebreaker losses: Richmond, DaytonSplits: SBU, St. Joe's, GMURemaining games: SLU
4. George Washington 10-5Best possible Record/Finish: 11-5/secondWorst Possible record: 8-8/sixthTiebreaker wins:SBU, URI, Duq, Rich, GMU, SJU, Tiebreaker lead: FordhamTiebreaker losses: Dayton, UMass, SLUSplits: LaS, VCURemaining games: Ford
6. Dayton 9-6Best possible Record/Finish: 10-6/fifthWorst Possible record/Finish: 9-7/seventhTiebreaker wins: Ford, GW, GMU, SBU, URI, LaS, DuqTiebreaker lead: UMass Tiebreaker losses: VCU, St. Joe's, LaSTiebreaker trails: RichSplits:SLU, URIRemaining games: Rich
7. Richmond 8-7Best possible Record/Finish: 9-7/SeventhWorst Possible record/Finish: 8-8/seventhTiebreaker wins: UMass, Ford, St.Joe's, Duquesne, Fordham, La SalleTiebreaker lead: DaytonTiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, GMU, URI, VCUSplits: SBURemaining games: Dayton
8. La Salle 6-9Best possible Record/Finish: 7-9/eighthWorst Possible record/Finish: 6-10/ninthTiebreaker wins: GW, Duq, URI, FordTiebreaker losses: UMass, VCU, GW, SLU, Dayton, Richmond, SBU, GMUTiebreaker trails: St. Joe'sRemaining games: SJU
9. St. Bonaventure 6-9Best possible Record/Finish: 7-9/eighthWorst Possible record/Finish: 6-10/ninthTiebreaker wins: Fordham,Tiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, Dayton, URI, SJUSplits: UMass, Richmond. Duq, LaSRemaining games: VCU
10. Duquesne 4-11Best possible Record/Finish: 5-11/10thWorst Possible record:4-12/12thTiebreaker wins: Ford, URITiebreaker losses: LaS, St.Joe's, VCU, GW, Rich, Dayton, UMassTiebreaker trails: GMUSplits: SBU, SLURemaining games: GMU
12. Rhode Island 4-11Best possible Record/Finish: 5-11/10nthWorst Possible record: 4-12/ 12thTiebreaker wins: GMU, SBUTiebreaker lead: Dayton, RichmondTiebreaker losses: SLU, GW, LaS, St. Joe's, Ford, VCU, Dayton, Duq, UMassTiebreaker trails:Splits:Remaining games: Ford
11. George Mason 4-11Best possible Record/Finish: 5-11/10thWorst Possible record: 3-13/12thTiebreaker wins: RichmondTiebreaker lead: DuqTiebreaker losses: VCU, St. Joe's, URI, Ford, GW, Dayton, SBU, SLU, LaSTiebreaker trails: Splits: UMassRemaining games: Duquesne
13. Fordham 2-13 Clinched last place finish
IF UMass' season ended today:
The Minutemen would be the 4