- Final defendant Caleb Womack pleads guilty in UMass gang rape case
- South Hadley boys basketball coach Jeff Guiel retires
- Marchers in Northampton call for decisive international action on climate change
- MIA: A faithful sister, their lives entwined like a pretzel (VIDEO)
- Small Business Saturday draws shoppers to local, independent retailers
mikemoranDHG: Per South Hadley AD, boys hoop coach Jeff Guiel has retired. Juan Maldonado is coach. Guiel went 224-140 and won 7 WMass D2 titles over 16y
CAROL LOLLIS Edwin Lynch at his home in Hatfield.
CAROL LOLLIS Sally Noble
CAROL LOLLIS I have lived in Westhampton for the last 18 years. It is my home, my community. Thursday a fire resulted in a total loss of the Parsons home, a red house I passed everyday on my way home. I watched as the Parsons tried to make sense of losing everything. As I was getting ready to leave I looked up and saw Ed watching as his house was torn down, the foam they used to put the fire out blowing as the house hit the ground. No one injured, thank goodness, but I could not let go of all the pictures lost, and then I realized when I passed that house I knew I was home. The big red barns, farm and other houses still stand but that beacon is gone and will so very missed.
KEVIN GUTTING Ainsley Southergill, center, 4, of South Deerfield watches her sister Eleanor, 2, touch a bearded dragon named "Puff" held by Ben Stafford of the Zoo at Forest Park in Springfield during a "Zoo on the Go" program at the Sunderland Public Library on Friday. The two were attending the hour-long educational outreach event with their grandmother Nancy Alan, behind them, and their mother, Meredith Southergill (not pictured). "Puff" was one of eight different creatures that made the journey from Springfield for the event. Purchase photo reprints »
DAN LITTLE Chloe Cardoso, 5, right, and her sister Liana Cordose, 3, bottom, both of Florence, tell Santa what they want for Christmas after the annual Florence Christmas parade Saturday morning. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to email@example.com.
- Williston School reveals former administrators knew in 1990 about faculty member’s sexual misconduct (2145 reads)
- Husband of Williston faculty member arraigned on gun, other weapons charges (1836 reads)
- Editorial: Film ‘Spotlight’ Film story of betrayal that should not be forgotten (1603 reads)
- Ground-penetrating radar used to prepare for archaeological dig at Amherst Historical Museum (1339 reads)
- Holyoke rail tie fire highlights hazards posed by debris along Connecticut River Line (1288 reads)
- Small Business Saturday draws shoppers to local, independent retailers (1054 reads)
- Thanksgiving meals feed hundreds while volunteers enjoy tradition (1002 reads)
- Frontier’s senior class comes together to find unprecedented success in 2015 (981 reads)
- Northampton spectators on ‘the hill’ calm during Thanksgiving football game, say they were surprised to hear of misbehavior (974 reads)
- Final defendant Caleb Womack pleads guilty in UMass gang rape case (934 reads)