- Neighbor helps at Florence fire scene; heavy damage to home owned by Peter C. Zygmont
- Different sort of roadshow puts spotlight on antiques in Northampton, while aiding Forbes Library
- TEDx at UMass explores ‘pioneering’ as event expands; 12 speakers reach audience of over 700
- UMass engineering seniors’ year-end projects tackle issues like guiding the blind, treating post-traumatic stress
- Study recommends increasing Northampton parking costs, fines
cmlindahl: The trader joes multigrain pita bit crackers taste like brown bread from the Cheesecake Factory.
GazetteUMass: Tell me again why Brock Holt isn't good enough to play every day?
KEVIN GUTTING University of Massachusetts Amherst senior Andrew Sousa explains his team project, "Otto", to Tracy Whelen during the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Senior Design Project Day held in Marcus Hall on Friday. Otto is designed as a "personal cameraman" by using an autonomous quadcopter (drone) that will follow and videotape via the GPS signal from the user's smart phone. Purchase photo reprints »
DAN LITTLE Annalyse Arnold, left, 16, leads four-year-old Kaleigh Fallon, dressed as Belle, down the runway during the "When I Grow Up" fashion show by Little Bear Learn and Care daycare center at Blue Guitar Space, Thursday in Easthampton.The fashion show encouraged anti-bullying efforts and developing social emotional skills at a young age, as well as celebrating diversity and individuality. Purchase photo reprints »
DAN LITTLE Richard Hayden of Marois Construction guides a stone section from the front steps of the Hampshire County Courthouse as it's removed for renovation Thursday in Northampton. Purchase photo reprints »
JERREY ROBERTS Wayne Smith, who served two tours in Vietnam as an Army medic, speaks Thursday during "The Conflicting Legacies of the Vietnam War: Why They Still Matter" in Goodell Hall at UMass. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Gus Mason and David Sullivan at a speak out at Umass against student debt. Purchase photo reprints »
JERREY ROBERTS Vanessa Kerby and Frank Jackson talk to their cast during a rehearsal of "The Pajama Game" at Hatfield Elementary School. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to email@example.com.
Special Coverage: The Tennessee Gas Pipeline, everything you need to know about the proposed project and its potential impact on the Pioneer Valley
- Editorial: The Big Data moment at UMass (1985 reads)
- Rally at UMass calls attention to student debt resulting from loans (1370 reads)
- Dancer describes losing leg in Boston bombing (1258 reads)
- UMass engineering seniors’ year-end projects tackle issues like guiding the blind, treating post-traumatic stress (908 reads)
- After delay in reporting alleged assault on patient, VA chief taking disciplinary action, reminding all staff about responsibility to report (873 reads)
- Beatles 2.0: Fab Faux to recreate ‘Abbey Road’ album in its entirety at UMass concert (742 reads)
- Hadley’s overtime trap: Police OT in red, year after year; officials look for answers as contract talks near (701 reads)
- Renovations expected to start soon on former Clarke Schools buildings in Northampton which will become luxury housing (643 reads)
- On Vietnam anniversary, panel at UMass focuses on lessons learned (604 reads)
- Local Jewish, Muslim students embark on journeys of faith, understanding (567 reads)