- Amherst Regional falls 4-0 to Needham in state Division 1 final
- UMass can’t complete comeback against Irish in first loss of season
- Wayland scores in first minute of overtime to end Belchertown repeat bid for state soccer title
- HackEbola at UMass aids fight against West African epidemic
- Missing man found dead in pond inside Look Park
MoomawDHG: Final: Needham 4, Amherst 0. Rough ending after a great season and tournament run.
MoomawDHG: Two minutes to go.
MoomawDHG: Amherst put in all their seniors for the final five and half minutes.
MoomawDHG: Under 10 minutes to go. Hurricanes trail 4-0.
MoomawDHG: Adding salt to the wound. Needham adds another with 21:10 to go, 4-0.
MoomawDHG: George Holt is taking over in goal for Amherst. 32:23 to go
MoomawDHG: Now it's a three goal game. Adam Ouligian settled a bobble and put it high and behind Willocq. 3-0 Rockets, 35:07 left
MoomawDHG: The second half is about to get away.
MoomawDHG: On Tuesday, Alex LaRaja said the Hurricanes are a second half team. Tonight will prove that. They haven't had a shot on target yet.
MoomawDHG: Halftime: Needham 2, Amherst 0
MoomawDHG: Two minutes left in the half. Hurricanes trail 2-0.
MoomawDHG: I think this is the first time Amherst has trailed by two goals all season.
MoomawDHG: Needham gets another. Donald Igo shoots from 20-yards out and gets it past Willocq on the dive to his right. 2-0 Rockets 8:58 left in half
MoomawDHG: Needham scores first. Marco O'Donnell converts a corner for 1-0 lead five minutes in.
MoomawDHG: Lineups are underway. Amherst and Needham are both undefeated.
MoomawDHG: I'm at WPI for the D1 Boys Soccer State Final between Amherst and Needham â a rematch of the 2012 final. Rockets won 1-0.
YOSHITAKA HAMADA Members of the First Church prepare to bake apple pies for the Bag Day fundraising event at the First Church in Northampton, Friday, Nov. 21, 2014. Purchase photo reprints »
YOSHITAKA HAMADA Mary Webber, of Southampton, front, and Diane Drohan, of Leeds, back, prepare to open the center for clients to pick the food at the Northampton Survival Center, Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014. Purchase photo reprints »
CAROL LOLLIS Crime scene on North Main street in Northampton Thursday afternoon. Purchase photo reprints »
YOSHITAKA HAMADA (L-R) Paul McNeil, Jill Griffin, Michael Cutler, Jeremy Bucci, Bob Gunther and Ezra Parzybok discuss about medical marijuana during the Medical Marijuana Pot Forum at the JFK Middle School, Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2014. Purchase photo reprints »
JASON PICARD Singer-songwriter Marcia Gomes in her home in Granby on Saturday afternoon, Feb 1st.
KEVIN GUTTING Luke Bosco, on piano, accompanies Hayley Hemminger-Martin (Sabina), on stage with arms raised, in a rehearsal of the finall scene of Thornton Wilder's "The Skin of Our Teeth." Joining Hemminger-Martin on the edge of the stage are, from left, Kaitlyn Andersen, Jonathan Letendre, Jasmeet Singh and Jimmy Murphy. Purchase photo reprints »
Have something to share?
Send your news tips, stories and photos to email@example.com.
Special Coverage: The Tennessee Gas Pipeline, everything you need to know about the proposed project and its potential impact on the Pioneer Valley
- Body found at Look Park believed to be that of missing man, Reed Bennett of Easthampton (3357 reads)
- Key players in medical marijuana industry air implications in community forum (2156 reads)
- Rose Olver dies at 77, remembered for 50 years on faculty at Amherst College (1076 reads)
- Missing man found dead in pond inside Look Park (1061 reads)
- Leaders of Easthampton, Southampton police departments feud over ‘bad arrest,’ mutual aid (1044 reads)
- Tensions between school board members, Amherst superintendent Maria Geryk emerge in emails (884 reads)
- Family remembers Anthony Gamache, victim of Pittsfield shooting, as 'most comical guy in the world' (874 reads)
- When students call, Smith profs step in to teach NHS AP biology (776 reads)
- Grow Food Northampton names Clem Clay of Amherst new executive director (659 reads)
- Amherst senior Taj-Amir Torres selected to Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl (559 reads)